Ardtornish Point Lighthouse
Click on image to enlarge
This Lighthouse was established by David Stevenson in 1927 as a cast iron octagonal tower on Ardtornish point, a headland jutting out into the Sound of Mull from Morvern. In 2001 this was replaced by a skeletal tower clad with white aluminium panels. The solar powered light is a sectored light showing two flashes every 10 seconds, either, red, green or white, depending on the direction of approach.
A Sectored light
Two flashes Red, Green or White every 10 seconds
Ranges: White 8 nautical miles; Red and Green 5 nautical miles
Position: 56 31.09 N 005 45.21 W